Child Student Visa

The Child Student Visa in the category is offered to students aged below 17 who wish to move to the United Kingdom for their studies. Applicants for this visa category have to be in the age bracket of 4-17 and must have an intention to study in a UK educational institute for a minimum period of six months. Students aged 16 or 17 need to submit an application for a Student Visa in the category. can guide you about the whole process of getting a Child Student Visa for the UK and the various requirements for applying. We can also help you ensure that you have all the necessary supporting documents besides completing all the formalities for the submission of the form to the UK Home Office.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the Requirements for a Child Student Visa?

Students between the age of 4 and 17 are eligible to submit an application for a Child Student Visa if they:

  • Have an unconditional offer of a seat in a course at an independent school in the UK.
  • Have access to adequate funds to support their course fees and stay in the UK. They have to submit the proof of the same.
  • Have the consent of their parents or guardians to study in the United Kingdom. Again proof has to be provided with the application.

Which schools are acceptable for the purposes of applying for a Child Student Visa? 

As per the UK Immigration laws, a child having an unconditional offer for a course in any independent school in the UK can apply for the Child Student Visa in the category. However, the applicant is not entitled to study in a school funded by the state or a local authority or an academy. The experts at can assist you in checking your child’s eligibility and proceed accordingly.

What is a CAS Number?

The applicant must have a place to stay unconditionally in a course offered by an institution which has a license for being a Child Student Sponsor. The education provider sends a reference number which is called a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) after offering the student a place in a course in their institute. This CAS number has to be quoted in your application. The application for this category of visa has to be submitted within six months of receiving your CAS.

How Long Can a Child Stay in the UK on a Child Student Visa?

 A child who is under 16 at the time of application can stay for the full duration of his course (up to six years) and four months after that. However, if the child is 16 or 17 at the time of application for this visa, he can stay for his course length (which is up to three years) and four months after that. The child has to leave the country after the completion of their course duration plus four months unless they have applied for an extension or switching to another category of visa.

What Happens if My Child Will Be Studying in the UK for Less Than Six Months?

In such a scenario, your child has to submit an application for a Child Visitor Visa.

How Can Help Me?

The experts at can assist you in verifying that your child meets all the requirements for applying for a UK Child Student Visa. They will also pre-check the documents for you besides liaising with the Home Office during the processing of your child’s application. We also have the experience of preparing a Letter of Representation presenting all the details of your individual case. Do get in touch with us at by calling or emailing if any queries.

Get In Touch With Us

Fill up the form and get your first step towards getting your visa